You are here: Open Days >
Open Day 2015
Hobbies & Craft Day 2015
Our 2015 Hobbies & Craft Day, incorporating our open day, took place on Sunday 7th June at
St. Peter's Church in Sudbury and was officially opened by Lord Philips.
Admission was free, though £390 was raised for three local charities through donations
and sales of refreshments. Our chosen charities this year were St. Nicholas Hospice in Bury St.
Edmunds, Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue and Suffolk Sight Support Services, with each
Our thanks go to Javelin, a local clothing retailer in the town, who sponsored £50 towards
the event and Sudbury Town Council, who supported us by supplying extra tables.
Photographs from the day can be found
The day featured many local hobbies and crafts including:
- Sudbury Ephemera Archive
- Sudbury Association of Miniaturists
- Sudbury & District Philatelic Association
- Military Modelling & Painting
- Bulmer Stitch & Sew
- Cornard Quilters
- Meccano Models
- Glemsford Tin Lorry Group
- Suffolk Family History Society
- Patchwork Keep It Simple Kits
- Sudbury Model Railway Club
- Sudbury & District Camera Club
- Sudbury & District Radio Amateurs
Bill Bourne also bought his US World War 2 DUKW amphibious vehicle (known as the 'Duck'), which was
parked outside the main entrance to St. Peter's Church for the day, presenting quite a spectacle in the
centre of Sudbury!
There were two model railway layouts at the Open Day including:
- The Ashurst Brickworks Light Railway (009 Gauge) - Peter Rednall
- Wendsleydale (7mm Narrow Gauge) - Derek Reeve
There were also club members demonstrating various modelling skills.
|Club Members at 2015 Hobbies & Craft Day
||Derek Reeve's Layout 'Wendsleydale'