You are here: Open Days >
Open Day 2014
Hobbies & Craft Day 2014
The 2014 open day was a little different to previous years. Instead it was incorporated into
a Hobbies & Craft Day, which was organised by Sudbury Model Railway Club and took place at
St. Peter's Church on Sunday 1st June.
The event was a success with £450 being raised for our three chosen charities through donations and
sales of refreshments. The charities were East Anglian Children's Hospice, East Anglian Air Ambulance
and Suffolk Family Carers, who will each receive £150.
Photographs from the day can be found
The day featured many local hobbies and crafts including:
- Sudbury Ephemera Archive
- Sudbury Association of Miniaturists
- Monks Eleigh Bygones Collectors Club
- Military Modelling & Painting
- Bulmer Stitch & Sew
- Sudbury & District Philatelic Assocation
- Meccano Models
- Glemsford Tin Lorry Group
- Cornard Quilters
- Patchwork Keep It Simple Kits
- Melford Cards
- Suffolk Family History Society
- Gipping Valley Boat Club
- Sudbury Model Railway Club
- Sudbury Memorabilia
- Cottage Crafts
- Sudbury & District Radio Amateurs
As well as hobby and craft stands, there were four members' layouts which attended including:
- Ashurst Brickworks Light Railway - 009 layout by Peter Rednall, which was the winner of the layout challenge at our 2010 exhibition.
- Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway - 009 layout being constructed by Peter Worton
- The Brick (73b) - Chris Martin's new modern image layout in OO gauge based in South East London
- Wendsleydale - A layout in 7mm narrow gauge depicting a 'cheese mine' by Derek Reeve.
There were also club members demonstrating various modelling skills.
|Peter Rednall's Ashurst Brickworks Light Railway
||Club Members at 2014 Hobbies & Craft Day